This blog mirrors my life, it is the ramblings of a wonderning student loving to learn and learning to love life. Somehow I will use this blog to take over the world. I will use a plan so deceptively brilliant it will destroy the minds of all who may opposose me. I am more dynamite than man and this blog is the fire that lights my fuse. The plan has but three phases...step 1. Freak out the sqaures. Step 2. ????? Step 3. Profit.

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Sometimes this keeps me up at night

Have you ever wondered about the downside to computers? Now I must first quickly say that I am aware of the fact that I am going to be expressing anti-computer sentiments while using a computer to publish them but please hear me out. Does anyone think it's a scary thought that maybe, just maybe we are on the verge of eliminating paper and ultimatly printed media? How common does it seem that most people read more off a computer screen than from an actual printed source on any given day. There won't be manuscripts of great books anymore cause most authors will, or posibly already do, type everything on a computer. There's no texture on a computer, no feel, no tangible qualities. The image is projected on the screen and the content is reduced to 1's and 0's. It doesn't have the charm of pen on paper, the clickity clackaty of the keyboard is no match for the rythmic scracth of the pen on paper. Let's not be so quick to switch our lives over to digital, let's enjoy some of the old fashioned ways to do things. There's a charm to a handwritten journal that the blog just doesn't offer. There's a unique apeal to a pile of paper notes over a computer file.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home