This blog mirrors my life, it is the ramblings of a wonderning student loving to learn and learning to love life. Somehow I will use this blog to take over the world. I will use a plan so deceptively brilliant it will destroy the minds of all who may opposose me. I am more dynamite than man and this blog is the fire that lights my fuse. The plan has but three phases...step 1. Freak out the sqaures. Step 2. ????? Step 3. Profit.

Thursday, July 14, 2005

I don't care for this careful behaviour

I feel numb. I feel detached.

What do you do when your caught in a middle...If you feel like a poser in a counterculture but feel alienated and left out in popular cuture? Which is better, to feel like a fraud or to feel left out. outside I'm adrift, ligering on the fringe; more of an observer than a participant. Sometimes, I walk around crowded places and watch. I put on my headphones and drift out looking at those around me trying to decipher what's going on. Everything is not as obvious as it appears to be. I let my mind wander and I argue with myself, I talk and think and ponder and wonder. I notice that people miss out on things around them. Wonderful, fantastic things. we keep our heads down and rush on through our own shit...appointments, deadlines, papers, jobs we never stop. Meals to go and cereal in bar form so you can cut down those precious few minutes in the morning betweeen rolling out of bed and making it ontime.

We take the same route to work and eat at the same restaurant. We buy the same stuff and fall into routines. I have a love hate relationship with my habbits. I am organized and centered with them but also become dependant on them. Things need to be in order, designed and appropriatley fitted into our lives. We can define ourselves by how and what we consume; that way we don't need to take the time to get to know each other. We meet and associate based on superficial things. We get to know "types" of people and choose which "types" we best match with. Then it's a simple matter of relating to one another through the things we like, not, what we ARE like. Sometimes it seems like the superficial stuff really does matter.

It doesn't. Or atleast it shouldn't.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Habits are how people keep themselves content. Imbalance is how they keep themselves happy. Too many people are satisfied with habits, myself included (most of the time).
It's funny how much of a change you can get out of going to read in a different room. Like the air outside of your habitual routes and spaces is full of energy, ideas and life that you hadn't remembered could exist.

This is beside the point, but I observed someone putting on her headphones the other day (the kind with a solid bar between the two, not individual ears on a wire). She bowed her head to put them on as if she would have hit something with her hands if she tried to wear headphones without ducking. Look for it, you'll see it everywhere. Consider.

8:43 PM, October 26, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home